At MBS Accountants we are expanding our bookkeeping team due to continued growth.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small team (less than 10) in a leading innovative accountancy practice and be a fundamental part of helping business owners get a grip on their finances and make leaps towards achieving their goals.
What we are offering
As well as getting to be a team member in a leading innovative accountancy practice you will also get
- Competitive salary
- 35 hour working week
- Finish at 2.30pm on a Friday
- Extra annual leave over Christmas/New Year
- 2 weeks off over the festive period
- Christmas bonus
- Clear steps for growth in your role and salary
- Regular fun (sometimes competitive) team get togethers
- Quarterly scheduled input on company direction
- Full training and support
- Company pension
Here are some thoughts and comments from the team
It feels like a family environment where everyone cares about each other – Kira (Trainee Accountant)
I love the quarterly reviews as it gets everyone involved and all opinions are listened to – Lauren (Senior Bookkeeper)
Everyone cares and is really helpful so you are never worried about asking questions – Regina (Administrator)
We have an ability to have a say on our and the company’s future, it’s not just a job it’s about our personal life too – Georgia (Client Manager)I enjoy the work culture and environment as there is a right mix of professionalism and fun – Gerald (Accountant)
About the role
Well, you’ll need to be highly organised with a keen eye for detail. Your day-to-day tasks will consist of bookkeeping for clients as well as some admin duties too
As an overview, your tasks will involve –
- Data input
- Receipt and Invoice capture
- Bank reconciliation
- Debtors & Creditors analysis
- VAT assistance
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering phones
- Maintaining organised online filing systems
- Note taking and write up
If you’d love to see what a typical day looks like in this role just click here
About MBS Accountants
We empower business owners to achieve their goals by providing up to date financial information through which they can make key decisions. We do this by providing financial processes and systems, key reports that are easy to understand and financial coaching to ensure they are on the right path.
We constantly push the boundaries of the accounting industry. We are a fast-paced, growth-driven company incorporating achieving results with a fun and relaxed working environment. Everyone knows where the company is heading and the steps we are taking to get there and we support a healthy work-life balance.
Joining MBS Accountants
At MBS Accountants we are fuelled by helping business owners to stop surviving and start thriving. We are also focused on the quality of life of our team and we support a healthy work-life balance.
We are looking for people who fit our values
- Do what you say – Nobody likes being let down and we think it’s key you don’t set unrealistic expectations. Seek to understand the importance of the task and any deadlines and agree realistic timescales and stick to them or communicate early regarding challenges.
- Open and honest – Being a closed book doesn’t help anyone. We don’t believe work and home are two different lives. Life is just life. By being open and honest about your whole life we can be empathetic to your circumstances and together we can work towards growth and positivity.
- Take responsibility – Work-life balance is key and fundamental we believe to living a healthy life. We have core hours but each role also has key outcomes and responsibilities. There will be occasions where flexibility may be needed in order to achieve those outcomes and responsibilities and taking responsibility to act accordingly is key.
- Team player – As a team we support and empower each other. There will be occasions where you will need to go outside of the standard scope of your role to help out a colleague. This shouldn’t be because we expect it but because you think it’s the right thing to do.
- Respect – Respect is everything. It should be a given. It should not come just because of somebodies position but simply because we are all human beings. Being able to be candid with someone about their weaknesses and mistakes when done with love is an absolute sign of respect.
Is this role right for you?
If you can answer yes to all the below then this role is perfect for you!
- Do you love being organised?
- Do you believe attention to detail is super important, and something you are passionate about?
- Do you like working with numbers?
- Do you ask questions to understand how you can make a greater impact?
- Do you enjoy challenges and recognise when to ask for help and when to keep pushing on?
- Would you enjoy working with financial data and processes?
- Are you keen to practice regular self-improvement/personal development?
- Have you enjoyed using the accounting tool “Xero” before or are you excited to learn how to use it?
- Are you looking to work 35 hours per week?
- Do you like being recognised for all the hard work you put in?
Want to work with us?
If this sounds like your dream job then we’d love for you to join our team.
Simply apply by completing this short and confidential application form